Installation and assembly
Before planning the installation of the ASU module it is necessary to familiarize with the installation manual and also take into account the electrical and operational characteristics of the ASU module. If you have any questions or contentious issues during installation, you should contact the representatives of the NSE company directly.
ASU module is designed to operate in harsh environmental conditions. However, when choosing the installation location, you should make sure that a number of conditions are met:
- The ambient temperature at the installation site should not go beyond the operating temperature range of the ASU module.
- ASU module has certain rating of protection against moisture. This is necessary because the module contains power electronic components. To maintain a high protection rating, remember that:
- Connector housings and protective covers must not be mechanically damaged;
- Connector housings and protective covers must be correctly installed;
- All used pins of connectors should be provided with insulators, and unused plugs.
- Insulators and plugs for electrical connectors must be correctly installed.
- The choice of installation location should be carried out so that the module has as few negative environmental influences as possible.
It is forbidden to operate the ASU module in places where the module may be exposed to a high pressure washer. The water pressure level is highly dependent on the distance, nozzle size and other characteristics of the washing machine. In some situations, a high pressure washer may damage the integrity of the module. In cases where increased protection and the ability to wash under pressure are required, you should apply for a module with a higher IP rating.
Requirements for mechanical stress:
When choosing the installation location for the ASU module, make sure that the following conditions are met:
- It is recommended to place the module in places protected from direct exposure to water and other liquids.
- Module is designed to operate in harsh conditions, but not for harsh mechanical stress. For this reason, it should be located in places where it will be protected from direct impact and ultrahigh levels of vibration.
- Connecting harnesses must be laid with adequate bending radii and not create tension and significant loads on the connectors.
- Module should be placed in such a way as to ensure ease of installation for the fitter and the visibility of the markings located on the module housing.